Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 3 Jun 2004 00:34:29 +0200
From:         Calle Fallberg <calle.fallberg@TELIA.COM>
Subject:      Re: Odd sounds

These sounds could be a pain in the butt ! Had a similar experience with a Thule roof rack that I used both on the Vanagon and my daily driver with two different sets of feet (different height) I was in a hurry when I put the rack on and after a while I started to hear a deep kind of howling sound . It grew worse when i picked up speed , people turned and looked and my dog seemed to be annoyed too so I stopped to find out what the problem might be ! Found nothing so I took off again with the same sound comming back..... Turned out to be the end caps on my rack that was left behind in the hurry with the same sound as when you blow across a bottle as a result :-P

Calle

----- Original Message ----- From: "Kim Brennan" <kimbrennan@MAC.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 2004 11:58 PM Subject: Odd sounds