Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 2 Jun 2004 21:49:25 -0400
From:         Bike Florida <bikeflorida@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: Synthetic oils in the vanagon

Cars warm up quick in Florida ;)

John,

Re: "You simply DO NOT run an engine hard until it is thoroughly warm, becasue to do so, would draw away the free warm oil, leaving the hard cold lump oil remaining and it would starve your engine of oil, and kill it. Can't tell you how manyu times I have seen some jerk destroy an engine up north, just by behaving ignorantly and stupidly in regards to winter matters.

I'm sure Mark Tuovinen has seen this happen."

I had someone do it to a V8 engine that I built! They then tried to blame me for faulty assembly on an engine with 20,000 miles on it. Thankfully I knew how he treated his vehicles, start them cold and rev the engine to make it warm up faster, spins rod bearings nicely.

Mark in AK

----- Original Message ----- From: John Rodgers <jh_rodgers@BELLSOUTH.NET> Date: Wednesday, June 2, 2004 3:39 pm Subject: Re: Synthetic oils in the vanagon