Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 6 Jun 2004 10:01:16 +0200
From:         Calle Fallberg <calle.fallberg@TELIA.COM>
Subject:      Re: Vibration at 70, bent rim

Í guess the balancing guy has checked everything out, but there is also a possibility for separation or a flat spot in the tyre ! I bought a used car some years ago with some 75% left of the grooves in the Cooper tyres that was on it, the needed a mile or two tho get round if the car had been unused for a couple of days .......

Just to make sure that it really is the wheels that´s causing the trouble I´d try to change between front and rear (on one side at the time to make sure which wheel´s damaged ) or better still, borrow some wheels from a friend whose rig is working and feel the difference - if any - and go on from there

Calle -88 Vanagon Mullhyttan, Sweden

Jim Felder wrote