Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 6 Jun 2004 10:11:19 -0700
From:         Doug in Calif <vanagon@ASTOUND.NET>
Subject:      Re: Blood on Seat
Comments: To: Randy Charrette <rcharrette@HOTMAIL.COM>

Cold water on blood on fabric seems to work best, hot water will lock it into the fabric.

You can pull the cover its not too bad I did it on my syncro to fix a tear.

You take the 4 bolts off the bottom and the seat comes right out. Turn the seat over on your living room carpet and cut all the hog rings holding the edge under. You can then machine wash or try shout or whatever with COLD water and when you put it back on Use plastic zip ties instead of the metal hog rings. this worked great on my 87 syncro

Hope that helps.

There are about a million products to clean, you must be careful some can lock stains to the fabric.

Another good all purpose fabric cleaner you could use is the white creamy hand cleaner its great at taking grease and emulsifying it so you can rinse it away with water.

You could also lay the cover on a blue tarp on the driveway and scrub and hose and dry over a sawhorse I have even used my electric power washer on the rear sleeping cushions this way once you get it off the foam.. you must be careful though the powerwasher can damage the fabric if you really work it too close and aggressively trying to remove a stain, which I found out.

Doug

----- Original Message ----- From: Randy Charrette To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Sent: Sunday, June 06, 2004 5:19 AM Subject: Blood on Seat

Well, last week one of the pups cut her paw real bad (8 stitchs, 8 staples). I was at work, so my wife in a panic wraped her in a towel and put her in the back of the Syncro. Well of course little Denali is not going to stay still. She started walking around and tracked blood all over the floor and especially the rear bench seat (where she decided to lay). Sooooo, any ideas on how to clean this? We have already tried a carpet cleaner and had no luck. My wife said the vet used peroxide to clean all the blood off Denali (came right off!), would this ruin the seat?

TIA, Randy 87 Syncro TIICO