Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 7 Jun 2004 10:26:04 -0400
From:         "Warner, Jeff (DSIO)" <Jeff.Warner@DLA.MIL>
Subject:      Installing Little Injector Hoses

Volks,

For those who have replaced their fuels lines and specifically the short lines between the injector and the fuel rail here's a question. What is the exact purpose of the cup washer under the hose on the injector? It seems that it might serve as a sort of lock to help keep the hose on. I can't think of any other purpose for it. However, the hose I got in the replacement kit from Ken has a smaller OD than the factory hose that was on there. As a result, this new hose does not fit snugly inside the base of the washer. If that washer is supposed to make a difference it won't have any effect with this hose. I'm thinking of using some clamps to be sure and safe. Haven't counted the number of clamps in the kit to see if this was already anticipated. Thoughts?

Thanks.

Jeff Warner '86 Wolfy Westy "Barry"

PS. My bench testing of the injectors went fairly well last night. Out of 8 injectors, 3 wouldn't fire at all. These were 3 of 4 I purchased in a lot on eBay a year or so ago. And just to prove that looks aren't everything, these 4 eBay injectors looked a LOT better than the 4 I've been using. The remaining 5 all shot out a more or less solid stream. Don't know if I didn't get a fan spray because the injectors weren't being pulsed or because they were just bad. All 4 of the original injectors were the "original" injectors. I'm going to go ahead and replace them so I don't have to mess with this stuff again for a while.