Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 1 Jun 2004 13:09:44 -0700
From:         Gerald Masar <azsun99@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Bob Stevens update

Some may recall he cracked the case on his '97 Syncro Westy tranny this past Friday in Cottonwood AZ, and was dead in the water. Desert, actually. I pointed him to a local mechanic who has just started working on Audi's and VW, out of a shop in the rear of his garage. The guy seems well qualified. Bob located a used tranny at Frank Condelli's in Canada and it should be shipped today. Yesterday (Monday), I drove Bob over to his brother's place in Congress AZ, 90 miles a way and even more remote, to wait out the repairs. So, his weekend was ruined, he had to get someone to cover his job back in SLC, and he faces serious expense, but things are getting sorted out. Thanks to Karl Wolz and Frank Condelli also. I hope when I am DIW in NOWhere USA, someone will go the extra 200 miles for me. Jerry P.S. I told him he didn't miss anything on the list except the sports car thread!