Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 1 Jun 2004 00:05:11 -0400
From:         John Meeks <jmeeks@GASLIGHTMEDIA.COM>
Subject:      Tire Report: 14"  Firestone Affinity LH30

Vanagonauts, A couple of weeks ago I finally gave my Nokian Hakkapalitta C2s (Great snow tire) a break for the summer. Going on a recommendation from Dennis Haynes I had a set of Affinity LH30's mounted on my 14" stock alloys. I've got about 700 miles on them now and I am impressed.

This is a big, wide tire (specs below) and they fill the wheel well nicely but with good clearance. The load rating is a bit light for a full westy at 1551 max, but for any 7 passenger van, just about right.

Driving through standing water is not a problem for these tires, You don't feel the resistance some tires give, they just sort of roll right thru it. Road noise is quite acceptable and they are more stable in a crosswind than the C2's. The rim width is a perfect fit for 14" alloys. I love 'em.

The price is right at $61 from Tirerack. I paid $78 at my local dealer but that included shipping. Here are the specs (from TireRack):

Firestone Affinity LH30 (All-Season)

Size 215/70HR14 Serv. Desc. 96H Load Rating SL UTQG 560 AA Max Load 1554lbs. Max.Inflation Press. 44psi Tread Depth 12/32nds Rim Width Range 5.5-7" Meas. Rim Width 6.5" Sect. Width 8.7" Tread Width 6.9" Overall Diam. 25.9" Revs Per Mile 804 Tirerack Price: $61

usual disclaimers: I don't work for Firestone or Tirerack blah blah, quack quack :)

Happy Trails. -- John Meeks kc8zfn '91 multivan Vanagon Rescue Squad http://www.vanagonauts.com/?catid=74

-- John Meeks kc8zfn '91 multivan Vanagon Rescue Squad (156 volunteers) http://www.vanagonauts.com/?catid=74