Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2004, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 11 Jun 2004 04:44:03 -0400
From:         Kyle Hamilton <winged@TIGERDEN.COM>
Subject:      Re: New Vanagon Owner!
Comments: To: Germain <reglys@sympatico.ca>

On Fri, 11 Jun 2004, Germain wrote:

> Welcome in the club Khyle

Thanks! (My name's Kyle -- the system administrator put my name in wrong, but I've since gotten him to fix it. But either spelling's alright with me.)

> Owning a Westfalia is a real project but we have to love our "Westies" to > care so much about it.

it's not a Westfalia (unfortunately) -- but I'm planning on basically converting it for "portable living space" duty anyway. (It's very comfortable to stretch out on the back seat, with a pad there to smooth out the contours... I've slept there several times, so far, and it's QUITE nice.)

> Sorry I cannot help you on your problem. It looks very strange for me. Could > it be the mass air flow? I remember when I had a problem on the mass airflow > of my 1993 Sentra. Suddenly I was loosing power and when I let the engine to > cool down I could restart the car and drive for 1 hour without any problem.

I think it's unlikely to be the mass airflow -- though when I looked at it, there appeared to be a fairly significant amount of oil blowback that I cleaned out with brake cleaner. (The flap on it operates correctly, not sticking anywhere.) I haven't tested it yet to the Bentley book specs (didn't have the multimeter) -- but I think I should probably test all of the fuel injection parts (including the control box), if only to ensure that it's not something obvious like "the computer is getting bad signals so it thinks it needs to cut down on the amount of fuel going to the injectors".

> Good luck

Thankee!

-- Kyle Hamilton '85 4-speed manual Vanagon ...which I recently bought, but wouldn't give up for the world.