Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2004, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 8 Jun 2004 19:54:58 -0700
From:         Alistair Bell <albell@UVIC.CA>
Subject:      Re: How do I adjust (bleed?) the clutch?
Comments: To: David Marshall <vanagon@VOLKSWAGEN.ORG>

David,

one word, archives!

But seriously, sometimes I have found the clutch to be stubborn in regards to getting all of the air out. Have done it 3 ways:

!. was lucky, quick swap and a reg. bleed with no problem.

2. slower slave swap and then problems bleeding. I reverse pressure bled the system, ie.pressurized fluid introduced into slave bleed screw. It worked like a charm, obvious precautions need not be mentioned.

3. long drip method. Letting slave bleeder drip slightly overnight. Worked!

Alistair