Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2004, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 9 Jun 2004 07:46:34 -0700
From:         Joseph Fortino <fortino1@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: 85 1.9 failed smog

I have a KN air filter on my van and its clean but did'nt seem to change anything but I do like it.

I will DO what the list posted and give the results, CAT,Oxy sensor and some other things then take it back to the "smog monster" hehe

Thanks so Much for everyone's replies and get help this list is so great for people helping people

Take Care all.

* draining my pocket daily in my driver * :) well it was time for some repairs since i do drive this van as our main transport

Oh the smog shop wanted 80$ just to run diags and I did'nt want to do that rather put money on replacement parts myself.

Joe

-----Original Message----- From: Conrad Klahn <conradk@MAC.COM> Sent: Jun 8, 2004 1:40 PM To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: Re: 85 1.9 failed smog

Hi,

I just got my '85 inspected. It had a 5/04 and the guy gave me a 6/05 and said, "Enjoy it while it lasts." This is the last year that we are w/o smog inspections in Austin, and I know that I wouldn't have passed smog.

IF the engine lasts through next year I will be amazed. I would like to get 3 more camping trips + a few shows in before then including a last trip to the beach. (We went to the beach this past weekend - saw two other Vanagon Westies camping on the beach (we stayed in the RV lot).

I know that if you get a new air filter, it helps to reduce the "richness" a bit - anyone know if a K&N filter is even better in that regard?

Conrad