Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 15 Jun 2004 05:04:32 -0500
From:         John Rodgers <jh_rodgers@BELLSOUTH.NET>
Subject:      Re: running rich!!
Comments: To: Mark Seifert <ubervanagon@HOTMAIL.COM>

Vacumn lines, temp sensors.

I had the black smoke rough idle problem. Found the hose on top of the engine between the crankcase vent and the AFM on the ol' 2.1L WBX was rotten and had a hole in the underside where it couldn't be seen. Replaced the hose and the roughness and black smoke problem disappeared.

John Rodgers 88 GL Driver