Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 17 Jun 2004 10:53:50 -0700
From:         mark drillock <drillock@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: Please Help!  Starting problems 84 Westy
Comments: To: lauterba <lauterba@BELLSOUTH.NET>

A good upgrade but in a Westy it can cause major damage to the starter and flywheel real fast. The installation instructions don't mention this or how to avoid it, AFAIK.

Mark

lauterba wrote: > > Cory, I know some will disagree, but the fastest and probably cheapest way > to solve your starting problem is to go to your nearest auto parts store and > get (or have them order) a Bosch WR-1 starter relay. It solved 100% of the > starting problems I had with my '84. I have it mounted under the rear seat > and ran the wire out a hole used for the rear heater hoses > > John Lauterbach > '84 7-passenger > Macon, GA > > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Cory Sammons" <slagskot@HOTMAIL.COM> > To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> > Sent: Thursday, June 17, 2004 10:34 AM > Subject: Please Help! Starting problems 84 Westy > > > Sorry of this is a bit long, but I want everyone to have all of the info > > before responding. > > > > 84 Westy 1.9L > > > > Has had problems starting for a while. Sounds like a dead battery but > might > > start like a dream 5 minutes later....