Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 20 Jun 2004 18:02:06 -0500
From:         Conrad Klahn <conradk@MAC.COM>
Subject:      One place you shouldn't "park" overnight...

Hi,

I (and my band) parked overnight on Avenue A in mid-town Manhattan. We chained the rear door from the inside. I slept with a baseball bat in my hand. Someone tried to open the door during the night, and it only took a "knock knock" with my bat to shoo them away.

Young ignorance is bliss.

Anyways, I always look for the company of big RVs - and if there aren't any, then I'm not so sure I want to stay there. As it is, doors are always locked and curtains always drawn.

Even at Mustang Island S.P. a few weeks ago, someone tried to abscond with our mini-a/c unit while we were on the beach. I later figured out that I could rest the a/c unit over the door lock (plunger) and using wire fasten the unit inside the van. I didn't see any further fiddling the rest of the stay.

Conrad