Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 20 Jun 2004 19:58:17 -0400
From:         Larry Chase <roadguy@ROADHAUS.COM>
Subject:      RoadHaus - Engine Install Complete
Comments: To: "wetwesties@yahoogroups." <wetwesties@yahoogroups.com>,
          "Vw-Camping@Yahoogroups. Com" <vw-camping@yahoogroups.com>,
          vwcc@yahoogroups.com, VWVANFULLTIMERS@yahoogroups.com,
          vanagon@yahoogroups.com, Syncro@yahoogroups.com

Volks,

It's official .... the Roadhaus engine install is now complete.

Thursday night we turned her over "Fire in the Hole".

Friday night we began the 20 minute run in.

Saturday morning the first 25 test miles were complete

Saturday afternoon we did a short run for a one night campout east of Montreal.

Total break-in miles now on the engine 250

BTW ... Break - In Procedure we are using.

- 20 minute run in at 2000 rpm - oil change - 300 miles road test at varying rpm ... Max rpm 3000 - 3200 - oil change - 1000 miles at varying rpm driving - oil change - Normal driving after this - Next oil change every 3000 miles

She is purring and anxious to go camping

Total problems to be corrected after the first turn of the key.

Two simple water hose clamp leaks.

This was a perfect install.

For anyone that's interested and didn't see Ben's post.

Here the Install Page Link

http://www.benplace.com/roadhaus.htm

To a great friend and Master Mechanic,

Ben .... you are incredible.

To everyone else who had a part in this adventure ...

To those who sent well wishes and good thoughts,

To those that provided sponsorships in one form or another,

To Ron at Bus Depot,

To all our other vendors,

To everyone inside and outside our bus community that bought all the stuff I sold,

To the folks who stopped by to visit and watch our install,

To Alain who helped with the engine removal,

To Jean Philippe who worked many hours to help with every aspect of the project,

To all my great friends that provided encouragement and/or technical advise,

To Jerry Avis the Master Mechanic and Shop owner in Yocalla Oregan that patched Roadhaus and enabled her to make an incredible 3100 mile jounrey to Montreal (BTW ... All the patches held up .. Air cooled push rod and all)

Thank You One and All.

This Experience has imparted many Gifts, And provided many Teachings that will Last a Lifetime.

You are All,

an incredible community of incredible people.

Larry Chase Email: RoadGuy@RoadHaus.com Web: WWW.RoadHaus.com What: North American Road Trip How: RoadHaus - 1990 White VW Westfalia Syncro Today: Montreal, Canada