Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 20 Jun 2004 17:56:20 -0700
From:         mark drillock <drillock@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: cheap gauges from JC Whitney
Comments: To: Craig Oda <craigoda@GMAIL.COM>

The proper place for the pressure gauge is between the fuel pump and the pressure regulator. The only thing 'after' the pressure regulator is the return line to the tank and that will have close to zero pressure.

The fuel comes from the pump to a "T" connector near the distributor. From there it branches off with one leg to the left head and one to the right. At each head is a "cigar tube" where the 2 injectors connect on each side. The fuel goes in one end of the tube and out the other. Both outputs return to the center of the engine where the pressure regulator is. Each line connects to one of 2 pipes on the regulator high pressure side. The regulator constantly bleeds fuel pressure out into the return line to the tank. By this method the fuel pressure is the same all the way from the pump output to the regulator. The pump is always trying to put out more pressure than the regulator will allow. There is thus always fuel being returned to the tank from the regulator pressure relief mechanism.

Mark