Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 20 Jun 2004 22:37:52 -0700
From:         Mark Seifert <ubervanagon@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Need Suggestions-Wierd Overheating

It doesn't really sound like the thermostat to me, but it wouldn't hurt anything to replace it. Thermostats usually get stuck closed or stuck open. Once they open up, they usually dont move as long as the temp stays above their opening point. A thermostat that is stuck closed will cause the engine to overheat quickly, and stay there. It won't get any cooler from driving it.

If the fan is coming on when it should, then I would rule that out. Sounds like it might be a plugged radiator or something. Maybe try flushing it.

Mark

_________________________________________________________________ Watch the online reality show Mixed Messages with a friend and enter to win a trip to NY http://www.msnmessenger-download.click-url.com/go/onm00200497ave/direct/01/