Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 22 Jun 2004 03:46:25 +0000
From:         Chris DeLong <green536@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: JiffyLube, extras
Comments: To: rcampbell-vanagon6706@MAILBLOCKS.COM

Jiffy monkey is definitely a questionable outfit. Same goes for any quick lube place. Those places have been sued so many times for screwing up peoples engines its not even funny. We wont even talk about the crappy oil filters or crappy oil they put in your engine.

That said, they do use the oil changes to try to get you to buy uneccessary repairs. they dont even know ho to change oil properly. what do you expect?

From a shop owner point of view, ANY time a car comes in for ANYTHING, I always check it out from front to back. I dont do it to upsell, I do it to inform the customer as to what is going on under their car. Its up to them if they want to spend money or just walk away and be happy knowing that they got a free evaluation of their car. There is a difference between Jiffy Monkey and your local VW guy. And its a BIG difference.

HTH,

Chris DeLong Fine Tuning 206.522.5503 www.finetuningperformance.com Seattle, WA USA

_________________________________________________________________ FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar – get it now! http://toolbar.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200415ave/direct/01/