Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 15 Jun 2004 20:51:40 -0500
From:         Joel Walker <jwalker17@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: where to buy H4 connectors for lights (was RE: Ecode light
              report              )
Comments: To: Andrew Gies <andrew_gies@CANGENE.COM>

> I have an '86 that I am changing from the old square lights to 7" H4's. > Anyone know if you can buy the H4 connectors so you can cut off the old > connectors and splice in the H4's?

you can get the connector with the wires from most any local auto parts store. Pico is the brand, and it is a black plastic connector with the wires already installed into it. and about six inches of wire hanging out the back. one Gotcha: all the wires are the same color. :( about $3 each. part number is 5407PT, "headlight connector, universal 3-wire".

or you can order them from camelback vw, a dealer in phoenix, az, that does good work in its parts dept. 800-876-5199. ask for ernie or larry. part number of plastic connector (white) is 161-941-165. it's called a 'housing', and it's $6.42 EACH!!!!! sheesh. and this is with NO wires! want wires? they are separate and extra cost. 000-979-206. yellow wires about a foot long, with connectors on both ends. lotta good that does ... you have to snip one end off and push the other end into the housing/connector. sitting down? cost of wire (one each. 1. uno) is $2.63. for one. and you need THREE per housing/connector. unless you get smart and get only two and cut them in half. then you have four wires, just shorter. ;)

good luck! joel