Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2004, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 24 Jun 2004 08:04:25 -0700
From:         gary hradek <hradek@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Which Radiator The SA or German
Comments: cc: vanagon@BUSDEPOT.COM

Ron, I am interested in knowing if you agree with eric's comments. So which radiator is heavier and what is the price per unit weight and do you think that the content of the radiator has any affect on the degradation of the coolant system? Which metal is the metal of choice? regards gary

Date: Wed, 23 Jun 2004 21:12:22 -0400 From: The Bus Depot <vanagon@BUSDEPOT.COM> Subject: Re: Which Radiator The SA or German

> Wonder which radiator to go with I noticed BD carries a SA > version and a German version. Anyone have any experience > with the SA unit. Looking for maximum cooling possible but > always up for saving $50 if it won't cost me $500 later :)

To be honest. I have no reason to believe that the German one is better. We've sold the South African one (which is OEM VW) for years and had not one lick of trouble with them (nor with the German ones). Some people believe that anything with the magic "G" word on the box is by definition better. If you feel that way, spend the extra $50 for your own peace of mind. But frankly when I needed one for my own Vanagon, I used a South African one.

- Ron Salmon The Bus Depot, Inc. www.busdepot.com (215) 234-VWVW