Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2004, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 25 Jun 2004 12:41:13 -0400
From:         Firstname Lastname <jjmojo@BLAZENET.NET>

vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM

Subject: Starter Problem Fixed!! Kinda Funny... Date: Fri, 25 Jun 2004 12:41:13 -0400 Message-Id: <20040625163454.M69297@blazenet.net> X-Mailer: Open WebMail 2.20 20031014 X-OriginatingIP: 65.221.156.35 (jjmojo) MIME-Version: 1.0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1

Hey All, Just wanted to let everyone know that I did indeed get my starter issue straightened out. Just to recap.. new engine.. old starter.. was working slow for a couple weeks.. parked the van.. went to start later in the day.. nothing.. So.. someone on the list pmailed me and told me to check the Park_Neutral Safety switch.. and as soon as read this email I got a very vivid image in my head of the events leading up to the no start problem.. it's goes like this.. -last time van driven: to get bagels -drove van home and parked -went inside to eat bagels -came outside to clean interior of van -wife comes out with 11 month old daughter to chat and hang out while cleaning -baby likes pulling on Auto Shifter handle -we both pull baby off of shifter handle -go inside -few hours later go to leave for band practice.. no start So as soon as i thought about it.. i realized.. the baby had pulled the van just out of gear enough to make the park_neutral safety switch do it's thing! And sure enough.. went out popped it into park.. and vrooooom! van starts. But i am glad that i replaced the starter ... when i hit the switch.. it was like having a jack rabbit start the van instead of a turtle. Moral of the story: keep babies away from shifters.. and look for the obvious cheers all, jesse 89 carat with baby on board