Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2004, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 28 Jun 2004 07:20:07 -0500
From:         Stan Wilder <wilden1-1@SBCGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      Re: What is a Hard Start Relay Kit?  Who sells them?
Comments: To: Mad and Ed <MadEd@GTE.NET>

You shouldn't need a starter relay. The Bosch solenoid is very good precision part. It can normally be cleaned, lightly oil the plunger and re installed. The exception is a faulty electromagnet (never seen one). I cleaned the solenoid on my 83 Westy and ran it another 10 years. The battery on my Porsche is just as far away from the starter as a Vanagon and has higher compression and the same Bosch / Starter / Solenoid works fine after 27 years. -------------------- The solenoid kit is a half ass fix that you shouldn't need.

Stan Wilder ----- Original Message ----- From: "Mad and Ed" <MadEd@GTE.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Sunday, June 27, 2004 4:05 PM Subject: Re: What is a Hard Start Relay Kit? Who sells them?