Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2004, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 27 Jun 2004 20:56:29 -0400
From:         ROBERT DONALDS <donalds1@VERIZON.NET>
Subject:      Re: Hydro lifters (# of turn)
Comments: cc: Ben <huotb@VIDEOTRON.CA>

.006 doesn't make any sence!!! kind of stupid when you know the principle of hydro........ (Sorry Bob, this is only a safe way to work (hydro VS solid)

Well your right when you understand the principle of the hydraulic lifter But the lifters where never intended to be on there side. The v8 has them on an angle so the air bound lifter quickly bleeds the air out the top threw the push rod feed. Now turn the lifter on its side and how does the air get out ? so if you feel the valves are not closing back them off to .006 ths and then run it if the problem is gone then shim the rocker arms as I do on all my engines and run o lash hot. preload if you must but after you have checked the 006th lash method. the reason I say 006th is that 0 lash cold is preloaded when hot Bob Donalds www.http://bostonengine.com