Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2004, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 22 Jun 2004 13:14:13 -0500
From:         John Rodgers <jh_rodgers@BELLSOUTH.NET>
Subject:      Re: Biologic car alarms
Comments: To: Steve Russell <thenewf1@TELUS.NET>

Steve Russell wrote:

>I spent five months on the road with a 170lb Great Dane car security system. >I could leave the van anywhere and nobody would mess with it. >Steve > > I had a buddy who had been all broken up in a motorcycle wreck. To help heal someone had given him a brindle colored pit bull that he named Clyde. That dog was the most gently animal I have ever seen, and really liked people. My friend had somehow taught Clyde how to smile. Now that is a good trick with a dog, but to appreciate it you had to understand Clyde and my friend. When Clyde smiled, there was no noise, no growl, just this huge head with this huge mouth with all its lips pulled back with all these huge teeth showing.......but not a sound... and this big tail wagging so hard you would think it was going to break off. When Clyde was angry there was a serious growl and the teeth would show. But there was a difference.

Clyde loved to sleep on the back seat of my friends car or on the back floorboard. One day my buddy went to the car wash, Clyde was asleep on the back seat, and an attendant, who also knew my fried, and knowing how cripples he was, told him he would drive the vehincle in for the wash and for my friend to go relax, have a cool on on him. The attendant, not seeing Clyde nor knowing him at all, jumped into the seat, where-upon Clyded, roused, and being all friendly like, raised up and with his biggest, best and most friendly and toothy grin, laid his big massive head on the seat back right by the new driver's head. Well, the driver, turning his head and seeing all those teeth practically in his face, nearly tore the door off the car getting out. Clyde non-chalantly just hopped over the seat, and out the door, rambling over to my friend while everyone laughed themselves silly over the episode. Eventually the attendant thought it funny too, and was friends with Clyde...... But it did take about three beers!!!!

Yep! Biologics can work.

Regards,

John Rodgers 88 GL driver