Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2004, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 28 Jun 2004 21:26:50 -0400
From:         caverat <caverat@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      OT - Elvis Radio - All Elvis, all the time

I know it's not Friday and you guys have heard me talk about Sirius satellite radio before. However, I figured that a least one vanagon listmember would be interested in this news - my apologies to all others. Today Sirius announced a new channel starting on July 2 - Elvis Radio. Here's something from the press release - "All day, every day, Elvis Radio will celebrate "The King of Rock 'n' Roll" by airing the entire spectrum of his career: His extensive catalog of hit singles ... the rarities ... the "B" sides ... the "Sun" years ... the movie soundtracks ... and his wonderful concerts. Elvis Radio will be hosted daily by SIRIUS DJs from a specially designed studio in the Plaza at Graceland, Elvis' Memphis, TN home." Here's what Priscilla Presley said about it - "Elvis was a great fan of all new technologies in entertainment and communication. He was always the first person to get the latest gadgetry. I'm sure Elvis would have been SIRIUS Satellite Radio's first subscriber and would have had their rock, gospel and country programming going non-stop at home and on the road. It's such a great way to receive one's favorite music and I know he'd be beaming with pride at having his very own station.". The press release is at http://biz.yahoo.com/prnews/040628/nym180_1.html

NFL fans get ready. Sirius will be starting a 24/7 NFL channel before the season starts. In addition to this channel, all games will be broadcast live from the home team stadium. No need to rush the westy home from the Sunday camping trip to catch the game. Every Radio Shack will start selling Sirius on July 1. If you subscribe to the Dish satellite TV network, all Sirius channels started being broadcast there last month.

Most people won't pay for radio, but many people already are. An analyst press release today said that "Satellite radio already is the fastest growing consumer audio product in history, and our forecast suggests that even more rapid growth is on the horizon", "satellite radio subscriptions are likely to reach startling numbers by the end of the decade", "The growth rates have built so quickly that we have dropped our minimum forecast scenario because it proved too conservative", and "XM Satellite Radio and Sirius Satellite Radio -- together could serve more than 42 million net subscribers by the end of 2009".

People will pay for a premium service they can't get anywhere else. It has been proven over and over again. This is just the latest example.

caverat

89 westy 3 Sirius subscriptions Sirius/XM stockholder and stock/service pumper