Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (June 2004, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 29 Jun 2004 14:28:23 -0500
From:         John Rodgers <jh_rodgers@BELLSOUTH.NET>
Subject:      Re: One Step Forward, One Step Back
Comments: To: Kim Brennan <kimbrennan@MAC.COM>

Don't know about the TIICO, but with the WBX 2.1 L, if a water pump belt is thrown or fails, it will often take out the oil pressure switch located at the end of the case by the crank pully. You will get all kinds of flashing lights anf buzzers. Happened to me, scared hell out of me.crusing down an interstate hwy near here. The oil lights and buzzer came on before the engine began to heat up. As soon as the belt came loose and hit the switch, breaking off the sending wire, the oil lights and buzzer came on. I stopped because of that. The engine didn't have time start to over heat becasue I killed the engine and stopped so quick, thinking I had an oil problem and not a cooling problem.

Just for your info.

John Rodgers 88 GL Driver