Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 6 Jul 2004 08:04:00 -0400
From:         Michael Rule <mikerule@UFL.EDU>
Subject:      politics and in-fighting

Hi All-

Recently I made an effort to discourage in-fighting between 2 members by sending an email to them individually. I thought sending the message to the list about stopping the effort to belittle each other on-list would have defeated the purpose of suggesting it be "taken outside". Ironically, here I am!

It was unjustified. I apologize to those 2 for doing so, not for the comment, but for intruding on them.

However, I truly believe these sorts of posts are- and will- continue to drive some people away from wanting to be involved in this "community". I may have little to offer the community, but others may have more.

To The List, I apologize for this intrusion. I apologize for making a generalized comment that may be taken by theses individuals to assume others are tired of the same type of postings. The problem is my own.

As was suggested, I will attempt to ignore these types of posts; if unable I will remove myself from The List with all due haste. I'll admit- I've only been here a short while- and it's become hard to bite my tongue. Childish of me perhaps, and no more helpful to the List than the issue I'm typing about.

Thanks to all who answered my questions, and all the thoughtful, informative, and witty responses to my "Trusting your Van" post!

Cheers, Mike