Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 7 Jul 2004 02:27:58 +0000
From:         joe trussell <vanagongl@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      front seat organizer thing

Hi Folks,

Granted this isn't on the level of an engine upgrade or anything that important, but it's the little things, right?

I recently took out my old plastic igloo between-seat console due to the purchase of some flip-down cupholders, but then found that I missed having a spot to throw all of my crap, i.e. sunglasses, gum, etc.

I was at Target the other night and got a front seat organizer for ten bucks. It's one of those nylon deals with a velcro-secured flap on top, made by MobileGear. Sizewise it's almost the exact length and and 2 inches less height than the front area below the seat, and has all kinds of pockets for putting a swiss army knife, rear hatch extension, extra heater control knobs, etc. in. It came with a velcro strap, which wasn't long enough, so I used a couple of bolts and screwed the back into that front wall area. The best thing about it is it's unobtrusive. I hardly notice it's there, and it holds a ton of stuff.

I dig it and thought I'd tell the world. I couldn't find one online, but your friendly local Target might have one if you're interested. In searching, I found one by Case Logic also, but I don't know if it's the same size.

Happy Travels, Joe T. '85 GL, Front Seat Organizer Equipped.

_________________________________________________________________ Express yourself instantly with MSN Messenger! Download today - it's FREE! http://messenger.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200471ave/direct/01/