Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 30 Jun 2004 21:47:50 -0700
From:         JD Foster <jidd@JIDDWARE.COM>
Subject:      Re: oil idiot lamp lights&buzzes

Hi Dennis,

I just dealt with this myself. I lost the AC belt on my 2.1 recently and shortly thereafter had oil pressure sensor problem. Check the brown wire that goes to the high pressure oil pressure sensor. If your oil pressure buzzer/light only goes off over 2000 rpm, it is specifically this sensor. Mine got damaged when the AC belt decided to self-destruct. A little solder & heatshrink fixed the problem.

Cheers, JD

----- Original Message ----- From: "Dennis Oost" <oost4@ATTBI.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Wednesday, June 30, 2004 9:08 PM Subject: [VANAGON] oil idiot lamp lights&buzzes