Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 1 Jul 2004 19:23:58 -0400
From:         Kyle Hamilton <winged@TIGERDEN.COM>
Subject:      Administrative request: Fix the referencecard

I have just had a very frustrating, irritating, and ultimately futile conversation with the listserver, trying to change my email address. The reference card (email listserv@gerry.vanagon.com, 'get refcard') says that to change one's address, one must do this:

change [listname|*] new@email.address

I do this. I get a message back saying that I can't do it, until I first do this:

pw add <password>

Okay, I do this. I get a message back saying that I have to okay the password addition. So I go to the website and do it, and then submit the email change request again, with:

change * aerowolf@gmail.com <password>

And I get a message saying that 'there is no registration for aerowolf@gmail.com for any of the lists'.

If mail processing wasn't so slow for me (I don't know if it's on the listserv side, or on my current email server's side, so I'm not going to complain... much...), I don't think I'd have a problem... but I have to send my messages into the great electronic aether, and wait 10 minutes for any reply. This entire frustrating experience has just wasted an hour of my life, and my address has not been changed on the list, and I can't even figure out how I'm supposed to do it.

jbrush@aros.net says that the 'help' file will help me to do whatever I need to do... well, I have pored over it and the (allegedly-)comprehensive reference card, and I still have no idea how I'm supposed to change my email address.

Could I please get assistance with this issue?

Your assistance is much appreciated. Thank you.

-Kyle Hamilton