Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2004, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 10 Jul 2004 06:51:53 -0500
From:         Aerowolf <aerowolf@GMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: OT personal favor

On this note, it should probably be noted that there is a certain minimum set of requirements that every citizen must obey when questioned by a duly authorized officer of the peace. I'm intending to stop by my local ACLU chapter and get a copy of their latest brochures; I encourage you to do the same.

-Kyle

On Sat, 10 Jul 2004 02:30:44 -0700, Al Knoll <al_knoll@pacbell.net> wrote: > Your freedoms will not be taken with the scream of aircraft. > Your freedoms will not be taken with the clank of tanks. > Your freedoms will not be taken with the rattle of machinegun fire. > Your freedoms are taken with the quiet rustle of papers in a folder, in a > file, in an office to which you have no access. > > Al Knoll, copyright 1982 > > Give a bored, undereducated public servant an ounce of authority and a > sidearm and he will use it to create mayhem and terror among those he feels > are inferior to his position. > > I encourage you to listen to "American Skin" by Bruce Springsteen. > > California's finest now carry both a shortbarrelled shotgun and an AR-15 / > M16 type assault weapon in their patrol cars along with whatever other > 10-shot semi-automatic pistol is the issue of the day. Ostensibly for > protecting the populace. > > Retain your rights. Arrest is part of the process. Unless you are apprised > of being suspect in a "justifiable cause" crime, "name rank and serial > number" is sufficient under the law. Be polite and courteous and quiet. > Volunteer no information. Do not assent to search of person or property > without "justifiable cause". Don't hold up a cellphone in a darkened > doorway...41 shots. > > The "Patriot Act" is not about patriotism, it is about control. Depriving > the elderly of their nail clippers will not prevent an aircraft hijacking. > The ministry of fear is what the Patriot Act and Terrorism Levels are about. > It is clear from this end of the farm that Kristallnacht cannot be too far > down our present road. > > NEVER drive a suspect hippy-van, wear long hair, speak in tongues, or seem > suspicious when herding your 14yr old relic about. > > So how many among us have actually read the "Patriot Act"? It is available > as a matter of public record on many internet connected sites. > . > > Question Authority, politely. We have the best government and justice > department money can buy. > > Or I could be making all this up...uh-oh gotta go let the cat out...nice to > have both a clean cat and a clean toilet. > > Thanks for the pointer, David. >