Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2004, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 13 Jul 2004 09:10:14 -0400
From:         ROBERT DONALDS <donalds1@VERIZON.NET>
Subject:      Re: oil coolers, engine and trans
Comments: To: Jonathan Farrugia <jfarrugi@UMICH.EDU>

bus boys sells a heavy duty oil cooler with a fan that can be controlled by a temp sensor and it has an oil stat. this is connected to the oil filter with the use of an adapter that would sandwich between the block and the filter. I'm not sure how the current 2.1 configuration would allow this to work. Gene berg sells a oil pump adapter that would have an oil line take off from the pump cover and you could have the return come in at the dynamic warning oil pressure switch position but it would be a tight fit I have allot of air-cooled customers that use this set up and like it. they mount the cooler above the trany for safe keeping. I recall that someone had some statistics on highway RPM or MPH and oil temps a while ago

going faster miles an hour without an oil cooler I remain Bob Donalds Boston Engine Exchange

----- Original Message ----- From: "Jonathan Farrugia" <jfarrugi@UMICH.EDU> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Monday, July 12, 2004 11:32 PM Subject: oil coolers, engine and trans