Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2004, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 14 Jul 2004 08:56:45 +0200
From:         Calle Fallberg <calle.fallberg@TELIA.COM>
Subject:      Re: Wiper Arms

Ouch ! Sounds like a good chance that you spoil the thread and end up changing the whole mechanism ! I used a hot-air gun, some wd-40 or if it was CRC-556, penetrating oil, a welding plier and a screwdriver ! I took the nut away, heated the stud a bit and then soaked it with oil. After a while when the thing had cooled off I soaked it again and gently twisted the wiper arm - down by the stud - with the pliers and used the screwdriver to lever a bit underneath. I also used an old t-shirt to protect the paint ! Worked for me :)

IF you´re going to whack the stud, keep the loosened nut threaded on the top for protection !

Calle