Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2004, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 14 Jul 2004 10:00:00 -0400
From:         Larry Chase <roadguy@ROADHAUS.COM>
Subject:      RoadHaus "FOR SALE"
Comments: To: "wetwesties@yahoogroups." <wetwesties@yahoogroups.com>,
          VWVANFULLTIMERS@yahoogroups.com, vwcc@yahoogroups.com,
          "Vw-Camping@Yahoogroups. Com" <vw-camping@yahoogroups.com>,
          vanagon@yahoogroups.com, Syncro@yahoogroups.com

Volks,

Only have an internet connection for a few more minutes ... then nothing for at least three weeks.

For those of you that think I'm totally crazy, "Fasten your Seatbelt" you haven't seen anything yet.

The RoadHaus is now "FOR SALE".

I have reached the end of "THIS CHAPTER" of an incredible odyssey.

Yesterday .... the RoadHaus completely lost 4th gear on the Transmission

1st thru 3rd gears are fine.

Top speed in 3rd gear at 3200-3800 RPM is 45-50 mph.

Now the really crazy part.

I'm in Montreal ... headed for a 2 week exploration of Nova Scotia.

And damn if I'm not going to go ahead and try to do it.

I'll be traveling as many back roads as I can (generally that's all there is up here anyway).

After a 1500 miles loop thru Nova Scotia I'll point the RoadHaus West and start creeping the 3500 miles to Phoenix, AZ

5,000 miles in third gear at 50 MPH.

This guy is insane.

Because of the circumstances .... the RoadHaus is "NOW FOR SALE".

Will deliver anywhere along a Northern Route from Maine to AZ.

If anyone is interested in purchasing a very clean 1990 Syncro Westy please email me directly.

roadguy@roadhaus.com

Asking $20,000 (US) as is.

Short Description

Pro - New Engine ... running great - Lots of upgrades - Lots of Rebuilds - Mostly in pretty darn good shape

Con - Bad Tranny - AC needs compressor and trouble shooting work to get the dual AC system running - Will need a set of tires soon

Many more details to follow in the coming weeks.

Note .... I will not have an internet connection for at least the next three weeks, but will reply as soon as possible.

If there is no interest here I'll most likely place the Van on eBay and Samba as soon as possible.

Larry Chase Email: RoadGuy@RoadHaus.com Web: <file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/RoadHaus/Application%20Data/Micro soft/Signatures/WWW.RoadHaus.com> WWW.RoadHaus.com What: North American Road Trip How: RoadHaus - 1990 White VW Westfalia Syncro Today: somewhere in Canada