Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2004, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 14 Jul 2004 12:46:36 -0400
From:         Kevin <antelopewesty@ADELPHIA.NET>
Subject:      Re: private Re: IR Thermometer Temps

Hi Everyone, David B brought up a good idea so here are my temps

Rad just before fan kicks in 191F gauge at just about 3/4 Right head 195f Left head 191 f

at random times I had head temps at 202

Any suggestions would be great. Sorry if I'm wasting too much bandwidth as this has been driving me nuts.

Thanks Kevin

-----Original Message----- From: David Beierl [mailto:dbeierl@attglobal.net] Sent: Wednesday, July 14, 2004 11:22 AM To: Kevin Subject: private Re: IR Thermometer Temps

Kevin, how about providing your readings and asking for comment? That does two good things: gets real data to the group, and allows people to give you useful info with a minimum gift to you of their time -- good efficiency and minimum waste of resources and of emotions in the system.

At 10:33 7/14/2004, you wrote: >Hi Everyone, >Playing with the IR Thermometer today and trying to figure out what some >normal coolant temps should be. I had found one post in the archive and >then lost it and can't find it again. My main question is at what temp >should the low fan be kicking in with the stock switch and should the rad >feed line be about that temp when it kicks in? Also what should be the >hottest head temps I should see? >Thanks > >Kevin >87 Westy >Burlington VT >--- >Outgoing mail is certified Virus Free. >Checked by AVG anti-virus system (http://www.grisoft.com). >Version: 6.0.716 / Virus Database: 472 - Release Date: 7/5/2004

-- David Beierl - Providence RI USA -- http://pws.prserv.net/synergy/Vanagon/ '84 Westy "Dutiful Passage," '85 GL "Poor Relation"