Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2004, week 2)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 14 Jul 2004 16:16:33 -0700
From:         Fin Beven <FinBeven@MSN.COM>
Subject:      Fw: 5 or 6 hours in LA, CA what would you do?

It's summer. Go to the beach. It's way too hot anywhere else.

Start at Redondo, rent roller-blades, and skate north up to Manhattan Beach and back. Put your towels and drinks in a back-pack, and stop along the way for a swim.

If you don't skate, at least spend an hour at one of the beaches between Redondo and Santa Monica. Go 10AM to avoid the parking problems, or go late in the afternoon.

Fin Beven '90 Carat, Custom Camping Conversion Pasadena, CA

----- Original Message ----- From: Mark Tuovinen Sent: Wednesday, July 14, 2004 12:58 PM To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM Subject: Re: 5 or 6 hours in LA, CA what would you do?

"If you were going to make a trip through LA, CA, what would you do?"

Shoot myself?

Ok, seriously, ditto on LaBrea Tar Pits.

Other choices:

Peterson Publications has a classic and custom car museum that I believe is near the tar pits

Venice Beach

The Holocaust Museum is good, but pretty intense

The observatory(don't remember its name) over looking town

LA is also a great place to get an Endoscpoic Discectomy in 5-6 hours, thats if you happen to need back surgery and don't want the traditional hack job that most doctors still perform.

Mark in AK

----- Original Message ----- From: Kim Brennan <kimbrennan@MAC.COM> Date: Tuesday, July 13, 2004 10:47 pm Subject: Re: 5 or 6 hours in LA, CA what would you do?