Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Wed, 14 Jul 2004 13:12:45 -0700
From:         Aristotle Sagan <killer_jupiter@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: 5 or 6 hours in LA, CA what would you do?

I third the suggestion for Venice Beach. Perhaps you can get a list sticker tattooed on yourself at one of the amazing tattoo parlors on the beach.

Everytime I have been in LA, I had friends who took me to places they knew and liked. Places like the Magic Dinner Club where you have to be a member to get in. That was one amazing evening. I have also sat through AA meetings, meetings where people sat around in some huge living room and said things like "Thank you for sharing that with us Gilbert", rode shotgun with a lady who did mild sexy musical strips at birthday parties and lodge meetings, and went to 'contact' parties for all sorts of subculture entertainers (clowns, strippers, jugglers, etc.). Wierd. That's LA.

As a rule though, I would avoid LA altogether.

tim in san jose (3rd largest city in CA)

----- Original Message ----- From: "Mark Tuovinen" <mst@AK.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Wednesday, July 14, 2004 12:52 PM Subject: Re: 5 or 6 hours in LA, CA what would you do?