Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 19 Jul 2004 22:06:32 -0700
From:         David Menche <dmenche914@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: What is the worst design part in the Vanagon WAS-Re: OEM Pop
              Top              Seals
Comments: To: vw4x4@FYI.NET

Ok, here it goes, (and I do Love my Vanagon)

1. needs a bigger fuel tank, cruising range is too low.

2. needs more power

3. needs a five speed (OD top gear) to get the rpms closer to 3000 at 70 mph rather than 4000+.

4. Needs a better ventalation system up front, foam seals get old, and the vent can't be shut off.

Items 3 and 2 are most important design flaws in my opinion.

Love it cause it is roomy, very roomy. has good ground clearance, ok gas milage for the size of the car, up front driving postion simular to the old Microbusses, lots of windows which is great for sight seeing.

If only VW had used a big subaru type motor, installed a 25 gas gallon tank, OD tranny, and did something a little better on ventilation seals, they'd still be selling them today!

----- Original Message ----- From: "Eric Zeno" <vw4x4@FYI.NET> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Monday, July 19, 2004 12:04 PM Subject: What is the worst design part in the Vanagon WAS-Re: OEM Pop Top Seals