Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 20 Jul 2004 00:02:16 -0700
From:         mark drillock <drillock@EARTHLINK.NET>
Subject:      Re: Switiching accessorys from main battery to auxilary battery?

John, that sounds like a reasonable idea to me. I may try that myself sometime. Just be sure to properly fuse the wire that goes to lower leg of fuse socket #3. Also the wire end is female and needs to be male to plug into #3. No big deal to adapt that, maybe even use an inline fuse as part the the adapter. The wire that VW ran from the dash fuse panel to under the driver's seat is not fused so be very careful when accessing it under the seat.

The only factory aux batt setups I have seen powered an electric fridge. I know there were other uses in late models but I have not seen what they did.

Thanks for the idea about the wire.

Mark