Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2004, week 3)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 15 Jul 2004 14:34:02 -0700
From:         "J. Harvey" <jtharvey2@HOTMAIL.COM>
Subject:      Re: Vanagon Bucking

Check your intake boot for leaks and cracks. I had a similar yet less severe problem and it turned out to be the boot. In fact, 3 of the 4 vanagons I've owned have had intake boot air leaks. Maybe you have a bad motor/tranny mount and the engine is thrashing around under load. -john

&gt;From: Nathaniel Brown &lt;nat@ENVISIONINGLANDUSE.COM&gt; &gt;Reply-To: Nathaniel Brown &lt;nat@ENVISIONINGLANDUSE.COM&gt; &gt;To: vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM &gt;Subject: Vanagon Bucking &gt;Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2004 11:55:16 -0400 &gt; &gt;Greetings, &gt; &gt;I have a '90 westy (108k) that has ben very well cared for by a 75 &gt;year old german guy--original owner, always garaged and maintained. &gt;However, there has been a rash of broken items in the last 4k. &gt;Replaced both coolant hoses, thermostat housing, thermostat...and now &gt;the westy is bucking when a goose the gas in second and 3rd gear. It &gt;is especially bad when I am getting up to speed on the highway, and it &gt;is getting worse daily. Could this be the Vanagon Syndrome. &gt; &gt;My question is related to the steps one would take to begin to &gt;diagnose and correct this problem. It is important to note that I &gt;already have the AFM service harness from VW installed (a potential &gt;fix.) &gt; &gt;The order for repairs I was thinking are --clean grounds, full tune &gt;(rotors, plugs, wires, cap), and perhaps the o2 sensor. &gt; &gt;Any words of advice from the veterans on this subject would be very &gt;helpful. &gt; &gt;Thanks, &gt;~nat &gt; &gt; &gt;-- &gt;Nathaniel Brown &gt; &gt;ENVISIONING LAND USE &gt;Landscape Modeling and Data Visualization &gt;nat@envisioninglanduse.com &gt;(c) 503.539.7081

_________________________________________________________________ FREE pop-up blocking with the new MSN Toolbar – get it now! http://toolbar.msn.click-url.com/go/onm00200415ave/direct/01/