Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2004, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sat, 24 Jul 2004 10:23:46 -0700
From:         BA <ande@SAN.RR.COM>
Subject:      Any user reviews on the BusDepot Ezy-Awning?

Hi, all,

We emailed to BusDepot to ask, but got no reply. So either my email went astray (weird things have been happening here) or they're swamped and it got lost at their end. So I figured someone here might know (I did search the list archive but didn't find the answers) ...

We're considering the BusDepot Ezy-Awning. But Simon is starting to worry about extra weight. And I can't find out how much weight the awning, the optional suction-cup mounting kit, and the optional weighted feet would add to our load. (Our alternate solution is to rig up something using the tarp that we'll be carrying anyway.)

Does anyone here use the Ezy-Awning? Recommendations? Cautions? Can you provide the weight information? Alternate awning/shade suggestions?

We're not willing to go as expensive as a Fiamma or Carefree until we find ourselves spending serious amounts of time on the road. And probably not even then, because we're loathe to drill into the van to mount a permanent awning.

Thanks in advance ...

B '87 Westy "Esmerelda Blanc"