Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2004, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 22 Jul 2004 13:12:34 -0400
From:         Greg Potts <Greg@POTTSFAMILY.CA>
Subject:      Re: Woe is me !!
Comments: To: "J. Stefanovich" <jstef@FLASH.NET>

Hi J,

Wow, sucks to be you.

A few thoughts off the top of my head:

1. Maybe you can find a way to get her to finance the repair over time... a hundred a month over two years might be affordable.

or:

2. If she's had two at-fault accidents in the past year she should think about hanging up the keys. She could sell the Cherokee, pay off your repair bills and use the rest to pay cab fare. Find a drug store that makes deliveries. Get friends and neighbours to help her get where she has to go. My grandparents used to spend a fortune on their car even though they only drove about 20 miles a week. If they had taken a cab instead they would have come out way ahead on the $$$ they were paying for upkeep, insurance and fuel.

The second choice seems more mercenary, but she is going to have to stop driving eventually. Perhaps this is the right time, **before** someone gets hurt.

Happy trails,

Greg Potts Toronto, Ontario, Canada

1973/74/79 Westfakia Conversion **Bob the Tomato** LY3H 1977 Sunroof Automatic L63H/L90D http://www.pottsfamily.ca/westfakia http://www.busesofthecorn.com