Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2004, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Sun, 25 Jul 2004 20:55:22 -0400
From:         Edward Maglott <emaglott@BUNCOMBE.MAIN.NC.US>
Subject:      Re: Heffalump Sighting

I can understand you getting excited out there. I made a trip from here in NC to Indy, then South bend, then back through OH and WV. Passed through Athens on 50, but not Chillicothe. Other than at the Formula 1 race in Indy, I don't think I saw another Vanagon until I got back to NC. I am not a Heffalump though. Edward

At 01:41 PM 7/25/2004, you wrote: >Rear end of the pop top said "HEFFALUMP" instead of Westfalia. >On Friday I was sitting at the shop in my son's 97 Jetta working on the >steering column when a Brown/Tan Wolfsburg went eastbound on Rte 50 here in >good Ol' Chillamacothe. I was getting out of the car when they drove by me >within a few yards. My buddies at the auto shop get such a kick out of >watching me see a van on the road... I wouldn't call it excited, but I DO >ENJOY seeing other vans. >It appeared to be a 84/85 from the back. By the stuff in the luggage rack >and in the back, they were obviously in camping/touring mode. >License plate was from Missouri. >Anybody know the driver? On the List? Just curious... I know you Left >Coasters just can't understand why we Eastern Hinterlander Vanagonites get >so excited when we spot a fellow degenerate. >It's just good to know that there are other crazies out there. >-- >Stephen >Chillicothe OH