Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2004, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 27 Jul 2004 15:26:03 -0500
From:         Jim Felder <felder@KNOLOGY.NET>
Subject:      Re: Reverting A Diesel Questions
Comments: To: Gnarlodious <gnarlodious@EARTHLINK.NET>

I did it without a torch, using a vise, a ball pein hammer and a cement floor. Took only a few minutes and works well.

My Golf/Rabbit injector came from the factory with no ball for the coupling to the diesel "throttle" cable (it really isn't a throttle on a diesel) if it matters in your case. You can get an assortment of the screw on balls at a parts place, look I think for the GM assortment. You'll want to find an advance know and drill a hole in your lower dash and run it to the back. It comes in right by the injector pipes and runs into the tight space between the injector body and the engine block. This give you about a five degree advance when the engine is cold.

Jim