Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2004, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Tue, 27 Jul 2004 14:08:13 -0700
From:         aircooled chris <aircooledchris@EUCASAFARI.VENDIOWEB.COM>
Subject:      my new bus pics - trip report

Made it back from New Mexico to Minneapolis, MN, no problems at all.

I now own a 1981 Westfalia. Different body style than im used to, but same old motor. My first reaction is that the handling is much different. It feels a little more like a nice squishy car ride, but then again, my old baywindows probably needed some serious suspension upgrades.

1,400 miles in total, most of those done on Saturday when I woke up south of Denver and went to bed north of Des Miones Iowa.

Random bits:

1. Ran into someone at airport also flying to pick up a vehicle to drive back home. 2. Hung out with stand up comedian at airport bar. 3. Had to drive through crazy typhoon type weather 4. Swerve to miss a baby bear running across highway 25 in New Mexico.

The bus is more than I thought it would be, which is always a nice suprise. It has, now, 112k miles on the body, and 27k on the motor. Drives like a dream. The previous owner has EVERYTHING that this thing came with, at least I think so anyway.

I scanned in a few things of interest, like the original warrenty book, the Westy fridge and stove manuals, and a few others.

Check out some pictures of my new bus and some of the things that came with it here: http://www.eucasafari.vendioweb.com/ <http://64.4.53.250:80/cgi-bin/linkrd?_lang=EN&lah=d681966e113ae7578c2e32a63d81afe1&lat=1090961176&hm___action=http%3a%2f%2fwww%2eeucasafari%2evendioweb%2ecom%2f>

let me know what you think!

Best, aircooled chris 81 westy "to be named soon"