Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2004, week 4)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 22 Jul 2004 14:26:39 -0700
From:         The Shaws <mindthegap01@COMCAST.NET>
Subject:      Buying parts from Canada
Comments: To: SyncroDoubleCabs@yahoogroups.com, Syncro@yahoogroups.com

Hello all,

sorry for the 3x post,

I am buying some doka parts from someone in Canada. Has any one done this before and can answer a few questions?

Does US customs need you SS number under the following circumstances:

If the parts are being sold

or

If the shipping company is told the parts are being sent to the US to be "repaired" then is this still required?

Any canadian vendors out there with this experience?

Thanks for any help, as you know the SS number is not one given out lightly.

peter

----- Original Message ----- From: spaethgorgenet To: SyncroDoubleCabs@yahoogroups.com Sent: Thursday, July 22, 2004 8:06 AM Subject: [SyncroDoubleCabs] NW DoKa Fest T-Shirts AND Schedule info...

With the help of Mark Schoening it looks like the T-Shirts are actually going to happen. Bring an extra $15-$20 for a shirt. Hopefully they will be less than this, but it is kind of pricey to do a small run of printed shirts. We are not trying to make any money on this, so if the shirts come out less expensive, the savings will be passed on to you. There is large and XL only and the shirts will be white. White is not my first choice either but at some point you just say roll with it and let's get this done. Thanks to Mark's wickedly cool illustration these are going to be incredible and at this point there will only be 12 Large and 12 XL. A highly limited, highly collectible, piece of DoKa memorabilia.

I am still waiting on one vendor for confirmation and the whole schedule will be locked in. We will meet up in the parking lot across from the Full Sail Brewery in Hood River OR at 10:30 and be leaving from there by 11:30. Take I-84 and take the second Hood River exit (coming from either direction). You want to turn south onto 2nd street (going east on 84 you will turn rt. going west on 84 you will turn left). You then take the first right onto Cascade Ave and then take a right on 5th St. If you go straight ahead you will run into the Brewery and you will see the city parking lot on your left. I will be in there with the big green DoKa.

Please tell anyone you know with a DoKa. I am getting a pretty impressive list of long distane people and really want to make sure we get all of the local people out as well.

Thanks Craig the Gorge

ps - We will be doing a BBQ saturday night at the camping field. I will bring my big Weber gas grille and I think Mark said he would bring a grill. There will be no open flame allowed.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor ADVERTISEMENT