Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2004, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 29 Jul 2004 08:20:19 -0500
From:         Stan Wilder <wilden1-1@SBCGLOBAL.NET>
Subject:      Re: vanagon interior sidepanel plastic
Comments: To: alan sinclair <anadem@GMAIL.COM>

I recovered the interior of an 83 Westy with fabric wall covering materials. The material came in 60" width so it was wide or long enough to cover the headliner, sliding door panel. I just used spray 3M contact adhesive to get a good bond. The material lasted over nine years without any fading and the adhesive never let go. --------------------- Try to find a Vanagon L and get the better front door panels and other panels. The L series had fabric inlays and 80-84 panels will all fit on the sliding door. The 80-91 L panels from doors, read hatch, will fit everywhere else, it's just the sliding door grew about 4" in 1985. You might also find some armchair seats in your search and those are nice.

Stan Wilder www.engineceramics.com

----- Original Message ----- From: "alan sinclair" <anadem@GMAIL.COM> To: <vanagon@GERRY.VANAGON.COM> Sent: Wednesday, July 28, 2004 11:01 PM Subject: vanagon interior sidepanel plastic