Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2004, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 29 Jul 2004 13:46:10 -0700
From:         John Harvey <gti_02@YAHOO.COM>
Subject:      Re: Shipping a transmission

Recently I worked with some two part expanding foam. It's pretty cool stuff. http://www.tapplastics.com/shop/product.php?pid=79&

In my experience the aerosol-canned stuff you buy at the hardware store doesn't expand as much and takes a full day to cure. The two part Tap product is rigid in a few minutes.

Here's an example of the extruded rigid foam insulation John mentioned. http://www.owenscorning.com/around/insulation/products/foamular.asp

===== '76 2002 '85 Vanagon '91 GTi