Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2004, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Thu, 29 Jul 2004 21:11:31 -0400
From:         "Georgios A. Stylianides, PhD" <gstylia@TEMPEST.COEDU.USF.EDU>
Subject:      Re: Idle Problem & Shifting Gears

Problem solved! I took almost everything apart, which basically gave me the opportunity to clean and shine everything ... and to my embarrassment, I found out that I hadn't plugged in one of the fuel injector connectors all the way in a couple of weeks ago! So, the last couple of weeks I was running on 3 injectors! Yeap! I now know that you have to have all 4 injectors connected ... ha! The Van is running great again! Idle is smooth & it got its power again when shifting gears.

So, if you experience similar symptoms, check your injectors. Another symptom was the engine would jump when I would turn the A/C on. I don't feel any difference now when I turn the A/C on.

Anyway, a good one of the archives!

gs