Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (July 2004, week 5)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Fri, 30 Jul 2004 11:53:10 -0500
From:         "Phillips, Andrew" <phillips@ISGS.UIUC.EDU>
Subject:      FW: Exactly which filter for pre-pump retrofit?: SUM

Surprising little chatter here, although I did get a key lead off-list from a listmember.

No, I've not been able to find any filter, anywhere, with two 11 (12?) mm ports. In the end, I selected the vw133133511 (or its equivalent), and used a "hose barb union" (without that key phrase this fitting was elusive; thanks, Leon) to reduce the hose from 11 mm to 7 at the inlet.

A lovely brass fitting can be found at http://www.fittingsandadapters.com/hosebarbunion.html, although I was finally able to locate a plastic one locally after deciding that I really didn't want the 11 unions necessary to reach the minimum order.

Drew Phillips 91 Westy (not running, but nearly so)