Vanagon EuroVan
Previous messageNext messagePrevious in topicNext in topicPrevious by same authorNext by same authorPrevious page (August 2004, week 1)Back to main VANAGON pageJoin or leave VANAGON (or change settings)ReplyPost a new messageSearchProportional fontNon-proportional font
Date:         Mon, 2 Aug 2004 23:51:31 -0400
From:         Greg Potts <Greg@POTTSFAMILY.CA>
Subject:      Last Minute BOTC instructions
Comments: To: The Bug Pack <The_Bug_Pack@yahoogroups.com>
Comments: cc: list vintage bus <vintagebus@type2.com>, type2@type2.com

Hi Volks,

As the clock ticks through the final week before Buses of the Corn things are moving ahead smoothly. Registration emails continue to come in regularly with 48 buses now pre-registered.

Since BOTC is slightly earlier than usual this year I was concerned about the corn harvest at first, but driving around rural areas lately have put that fear to rest. We are due for a bumper crop this year!

HELP WANTED: If you can bring drinking water containers, please do so. We have no certified water on site, though there is a place to get some within a couple minutes drive. We originally planned to have a 150 gallon tank on-site but it fell through. Having extra 5-gallon jugs for the kitchen area would be appreciated; it's worked fine in past years.

WEATHER WATCH: We've had some uncertain weather lately, but BOTC WILL HAPPEN RAIN OR SHINE!!! There are plenty of activities to keep us occupied and lots of shelter available to keep dry if it rains. Right now the weatherman is calling for cooler weather, with temps in the mid 60's during the day and high 50's at night. Pack a board game, dominoes or a deck of cards in your bus just in case. For up-to-date weather forecasts see: http://www.weather.com/outlook/travel/local/CAXX0504?from=search_10day

Happy trails... See you at Buses Of The Corn!!!

Greg Potts Toronto, Ontario, Canada

1973/74/79 Westfakia Conversion **Bob the Tomato** LY3H 1977 Sunroof Automatic L63H/L90D http://www.pottsfamily.ca/westfakia http://www.busesofthecorn.com